Monday, October 29, 2012

Remy, Brother of Red.



Let me start of by saying that I have never met Remy personally, but I do enjoy his comments and basic demenor on the Brotherhood of Red pagehttp://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/178433162242769/
 on facebook. 

This is a quote from him on the specs of his sword
 " 55", 15"Hilt, cross guard, 33oz, stab-legal, lo-pro and PD'd like a motherfucker. Pretty much what I have right now. Last practice I killed two people after getting double-teamed vs 2 S&B one-handed. Not because I got armed but because I could with that blade. Brutal, brutal fight."
I saw a video of him in a trial that really showed what Red weapon skill should be in any sort of full contact foam fighting arena.  Remy has a great high guard stance that allows him to basically do everything right in the first 30 seconds of this video.  The man at 26 seconds does a common mistake by armed opponents and attempts to punch block someone using a high guard with a red weapon. Remy strikes at the perfect time when the man brings up his weapon and disarms him.

Now, his next opponent at 42 his a bit of a chessy combonation of weapons, but his guard in the first two fights leaves him completely open for a red strike from 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock.  If Remy were to strike first and connect, he could go into hanging guard against the slower flail strike.
Remy does lower his arms a bit here, I think in effort to throw a longer arm shot.
Notice how his spins, which are a retreating action, end up smacking dat ass. Good shot!

After about 2 mins of red fighting....which is a lot, Remy is battling fatigue more than his opponent.
I think a few times against the man with the bandana, there was some opportunity for some grappling. If the guy swings faster than you, take his weapon away from him. Its hard to swing fast when some burly red user grabs your weapon hand.

I think is final opponent while he is using red is Elwrath from the EBF. Who is no sloutch.  It is incredibly difficult to beat an very experinced fighter in any case, but a lefty, and you have a red. Remy has the correct response and tried something different .

The rest of the video you guys can pick apart. I wanted to cover some good red work.

1 comment:

  1. If you watch the other video of my trial you'll see me attempting to do the first six minutes single blue.
    The first guy I fight is a former Navy SEAL. The second round I have to fight pairs. Then after I somehow beat them, another set of pairs.
    I took way too many light/grazy/garb hits in an effort to really challenge myself.
    I was so exhausted by the time the first six minutes were over that I couldn't pull out of it long enough to set a rhythm.

    ReplyDelete