Tuesday, March 13, 2012

James and Tom


Alright, now I am gonna critique this guy with the Red. I wanna say that I am glad that he seems to WANT to fight with red. But, he is making some mistakes that are common for newer red fighters that I want to address. Keep it up Tom, you will be great someday.

First, his guard is not what I would use.  First he starts with a stance that is on the shields side of his opponent. Well, don't guard that side, he cant injure you from that side. The guy is gonna Cast his flail hard for your left side. If I were Tom, I would use a hold my sword in front of me, sword tip up arms slightly bent, right foot forward. I would then use the following to block the FLAIL HEAD.
http://www.bellatrix.org/school/appendix_i/videos/15a-GS.htm

If nothing else swing down at an angle on his weapon side. Flails for some reason are easy for me to disarm.  I think its the extra weight on the flail head or something, but James does a great deal of side swings.  I would answer that side swing with well timed strait down swing that specifically targets his weapon. If you can manage it, hit his arm or hand as well.



Alright, round 2 Tom, sorry. Against a opponent that is using a weapon to block their sword side.
There are a couple things that need addressing. First, stop swinging at an opponents shield, when they are rushing you. Unless you regularly work on backward sprints, you are not going to outpace them.  You did a better job in this video using your red as a blue. Your second round was really good.
For an alternative, consider this. Belegarth and Dagorhir allow for grappling. Now, grappling is something that most of the time will not work on really high tier fighters. Sometimes, it will catch them off guard, but I would not suggest trying grappling Sir Galin in a one on one situation.
Liz charges and strikes basically the same spot in every round. You could uses these two moves to rock her world.
http://www.bellatrix.org/school/appendix_i/videos/09a-GS.htm
followed by one of my favorites:
http://www.bellatrix.org/school/appendix_i/videos/14a1-GS.htm

She would get wise if you did this too her a few times, but, it may change her outlook on rushing in on you.  Like I said Tom, if you get wind of this don't be offended. You have shown improvement in your fighting from the vids on youtube. Keep it up. James and Liz, keep beating his ass proper.
Thanks for reading everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment